Physical Therapy supports people of all ages who have medical conditions, illnesses, injury of those who need to recover gain back their ability to move around and function. This process helps a patient gain back his or her strength and abilities. This can be difficult for anybody who has to undergo this tedious process, especially if they need to undergo therapy or rehabilitation in a facility.
Older people often need therapy or rehab after prolonged stay in the hospital. However, moving to a facility to undergo therapy may eventually contribute to their weakness and might make recovery even more challenging. Bright Home Health Care in-home care Carrolton Texas offers physical and occupational therapy services to patients of all ages. Our in-home care Carrolton Texas has a skilled, knowledgeable and experienced team of Physical Therapists ready to provide and deliver assistance to patients who want to regain full mobility and functionality without having to leave their homes. Seeing an elderly, frail person getting worse instead of better while undergoing therapy can be deeply concerning. It has been proven many times that the comfort of home provides a better stimulus for recovery.
Some people may take physical therapy or rehabilitation for granted. They might not understand the value and benefits it offers. So we’ve listed a few advantages of acquiring physical therapy, specifically in-home physical therapy or rehabilitation.
1. Pain management and elimination – therapeutic exercises and manual therapy techniques may alleviate and relieve pain and aid in muscle and joint restoration.
2. Recovery after a stroke – after a stroke, it’s common for a patient to lose some of their functionality and mobility. Physical therapy aids patients who’ve suffered a stroke improve their balance, pace or move around and transfer to different locations to help them continue with their daily living activities.
3. Recover from any injury, especially sports injuries – physical therapists can design appropriate exercises and programs for patients recovering from sports injuries to enable them to return to their sport and routine.
4. Improve balance to increase fall prevention – if a patients has a high fall risk level, he or she will be given exercises that safely challenge their balance in real-life situations. For patients who have issues in their vestibular system, therapists can perform specific moves and techniques to restore proper vestibular functioning to reduce symptoms of vertigo or dizziness.
5. Manage illnesses such as diabetes, heart and lung disease or vascular conditions – as part of a composite diabetes management plan, therapy can effectively control blood sugar and provide education and support when patients lose the sensation in their legs or feet due to diabetes. Physical therapy benefits patients with heart and lung disease through strengthening, conditioning and breathing exercises to help them clear fluid in their lungs.
6. Women’s health management – as women have specific health concerns, physical therapists can provide specialized programs to manage issues regarding pregnancy or post-partum care.
A carefully-planned and customized physical therapy program can help patients return to their prior level of functioning even within their own homes. Our Physical Therapists at Bright Home In-Home Care Carrolton Texas offers well-managed physical therapy and rehabilitation programs to help patients of all ages with any physical therapy issues