What Does a Home Health Aide Do?
Bright Home Health Care has been attending to the needs of our patients in their respective homes through our in-home care Carrolton Texas. One staff we require to achieve our goal of helping as many patients as possible is a home health aide.
A Home Health Aide’s major responsibility is to ensure their patients comfortable stay in their homes while they monitor and record their condition. Along with that is to provide them with support and personal services and to educate the patient’s family. Other duties include:
- Checking the patient’s condition through seeing into the intake, output, work out and condition of their mind and body.
- Helping the patients maintain their homes by making housekeeping and laundry services possible. This service also includes sustaining the patient’s health by going to the grocery store to buy their food and to cooking and serving their meals
- Assisting patients in their personal routine by giving personal services like helping them in taking a bath, in dressing and in grooming
- Helping patients look out for themselves by instructing them how to use assistive devices such as a cane or walker, using specific utensils that make it easier to eat and giving techniques and equipment they can use for personal hygiene
- Recording the patient’s information through writing journal entries and notifying the nursing supervisor for any change or unusual occurrence of conditions
- Maintaining security precautions and following prescribed dietary prerequisites and nutrition standards for a secured and healthy patient environment
- Constantly updating their job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities like seminars, try-outs or conventions
- Adhering to the professional standards including home care policies and dealings as required and pointed out by the federal, state and as well as local requirements as means of protecting the home care agency they are working with
- Improving service reputation by wholeheartedly acknowledging ownership of successfully accomplished new and different tasks in addition to exploring opportunities that adds value to it.
To be a competent Home Health Aide, the following skills and qualifications are important:
- Has the capability to provide a safe and healthy environment by acquiring necessary nursing skill
- Has excellent communication and listening skills to empathize with the patient
- Has undergone extensive training
- Is emotionally healthy and dependable
Not everyone is up to the tasks and responsibilities of a health aide. Giving genuine care and service to others is difficult when we live in a society where it demands to care for ourselves. That is why health aides are viewed as heroes in the eyes of their patients.
How about you? Do you deem yourself worthy of such a task?