Weakening mobility is a major dilemma that all seniors face due to aging. As years pass by, the elderly people become more vulnerable to illnesses and diseases due to the changes in their eyesight, balance, and strength. Falling is the most common cause of fractures and serious injuries on seniors which lead to costly surgery operations. However, we can lessen the possibilities of falling just by modifying one of its risk factors, our home conditions. At Bright Home Health Care, an in-home care in Carrolton Texas, our professional therapists can evaluate your house conditions, and recommend modification techniques in places where it should be necessary to avoid dangers that may happen to our elderly loved ones.
We, at Bright Home Health Care, an in-home care in Carrolton Texas, provide therapy assistance services which are executed at the comfort of our patient’s home. This way our highly skilled therapists can closely monitor the health of your elderly loved ones, and help on their recovery process.
Here are 5 helpful home modification tips to prevent falling accidents for your elderly loved ones:
1. For your stairs, install handrails on both sides of the stairway to assist seniors in each step they take. Also, keep the stairs clear of boxes and clutters. Loose carpets must be removed from the top or bottom of the stairway as they can be slippery.
2. For your bathrooms, install grab bars as these help seniors get through their bathroom tasks. Plus, it is best to use rubber mats in the shower or tub, and slip-resistant rugs on the entry.
3. For your kitchen, spilled foods and liquids on the floor must be cleaned as soon as possible. Placing the kitchen wares and utensils within the reach of your elderly loved ones reduces the risk of falling as this prevents them from standing on chairs just to reach these kitchen tools.
4. For your bedrooms, use slip-resistant fabrics like wool or cotton for your elderly loved one’s bed sheets and comforters. Make sure that lamps, flashlights, and emergency response devices are arranged near our senior’s bed, and within their reach.
5. For your living areas, ensure a clear pathway by arranging furniture sets, removing clutters, and keeping extension cords out of the way. Set up light switches within the reach of our seniors on room entrances for them to easily turn it on, and avoid walking on dark rooms.
Let your elderly loved ones achieve faster recovery within the familiar walls of their home. Avail now of our home care services at Bright Home Health Care, an in-home care in Carrolton Texas. Call 972-820-8240 today and inquire.